2.7 Internet Protocol Summary
- TCP/IP is the internet protocol specifies an addressing scheme for computers TCP/IP sets the rule for how data should move between computers and programs on the network.
- HTTP defines how messages are formatted and transmitted, and what action web servers and browsers should take in response to various commands. It process through request and response methods.
- FTP allows you to transfer various types if file formats from one machine to another machine on network.
- Telnet allows to access remote machine, Gopher presents the Internet as if it were all part of a single directory system such as directories on a DOS machine or folder on a Mac.
- E- mail stands for electronic mail which allows you to send messages from one computer to another over network. This uses the SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol).
- The mail stored on the server is retrieved to user’s accounts through various client protocols like POP3, IMAP3.
- Search engines are used to find our favorite websites by specifying the keywork.
Sign-up for our email newsletter and get free job alerts, current affairs and GK updates regularly.