BANK CLERICAL EXAM SYLLABUS
1. Test of Reasoning: This test would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualisation, problem¬ solving, analysis, judgement, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
2. Test of English Language: This is a test to see how well you know English. English language ability would be tested through questions on grammar, vocaoulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of a passage, etc.
3. Test of Numerical Ability: Questions will be designed to test the ability of arithmetical computation of whole numbers, decimals ‘and fractions and relationship between numbers. The questions would be based on arithmetical concepts and relationship between numbers and not on complicated arithmetical computations.
4. Test of Clerical Aptitude: The questions in Clerical Aptitude will be set to test the candidate’s perceptual accuracy and aptitude. This is the ability to notice similarities and difference between the pairs of names and numbers. Questions in Clerical Aptitude will also assess in addition to perceptual accuracy and aptitude, ability to handle office routine work like filing, abbreviating, indexing, etc.
5. Descriptive Paper: It intends to measure your higher order cognitive abilities as comprehending the situations, etc., and also your language ability. It is a question paper-cum-answer sheet in Hindi and English and the Regional Language and you have to restrict your answers to the space provided on the answer-sheet. Use of supplements is not allowed. You have the option to answer 3 out of 4 questions either in Hindi or in English or in the Regional Language.
(i) All the questions should be attempted in the same language.
(ii) For candidates appearing for the post of Agriculture Clerk, an objective test of Agricultural Knowledge (50 questions, 30 minutes) will also be there. In this test problems relating to agricultural matters will be asked.