State Bank of India Probationary officers Exam
(1) Test of Reasoning Ability: This is a test which has been designed to ascertain how well you can think. It contains questions of various kinds. It will be partly verbal, that is based on or is related to figures and drawings.
(2) Quantitative Aptitude: The purpose of this test is to ascertain how quick you are in working at numerical calculations. There may be some graphs and tables in this test. Questions are asked about each graph or table. Only one of the suggested answers is correct. You have to read each graph or table carefully and indicate your answer on a separate answer-sheet.
(3) English Language: The purpose of this test is to judge your knowledge in English. In this test, there are passages, with questions based on the organisation of ideas and your understanding of the contents of various passages. Your ability will also be tested through your choice of words, expressions and similar skills.
(4) General Awareness: The purpose of this test is to ascertain a candidates’ general awareness of environment around him and its application to society. The questions will be designed to test the candidate’s knowledge of the current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of an educated person, including topics on Life Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, etc. There may also be questions on Geography of India, land and her people, History of India, her culture heritage, freedom struggle and salient features of the Constitution of India, Economic and Social Problems.
(5) Descriptive Paper: The Descriptive Paper intends to measure your higher order cognitive abilities as comprehending a situation, analysing it, generating unique ideas or situations, etc., and also your language ability. It is a question-cum-answer-sheet and you have to restrict your answers to the space provided on the answer-sheet. You have the option to answer this paper in English or Hindi or regional languages. In this paper, there are four questions and you are required to answer any three questions in minutes.