CWE Clerk Exam – Eligibility & Exam Pattern
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified is the basic criteria for applying to various Public Sector Banks. However merely applying for CWE/ appearing for the examination do not imply that a candidate will necessarily be eligible for employment in all or any of the 19 Public Sector Banks as each Bank will stipulate its own eligibility/ qualifying criteria.
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum: 18 Years; Maximum: 28 Years
The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
Relaxation of Upper age limit
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- Persons With Disabilities – 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen / Disabled Ex-Servicemen – actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a
- Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not
Remarried – 9 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only) – 5 years
NOTE: In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis with any one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above.
Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent
Computer literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory
- Candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language
- Should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute.
Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
- Candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT
Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate
Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union.
(i) All educational qualifications should be from a recognised university/ Board.
(ii) The percentage of marks would be calculated by dividing the aggregate/total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects irrespective of optional/additional subjects studied with the aggregate maximum marks of the examination passed for all the years of the examination.
(iii) The date of passing the examination for eligibility will be the date appearing on the Mark Sheet or Provisional Certificate
Since clerical cadre recruitment would be on State-wise basis, candidates can apply for vacancies in one State/ UT only. It will therefore be necessary that candidates appear for examination in one of the centres of a particular State/UT where they would like to apply for emaployment i.e. they have to appear for the examination from a centre for that particular State/UT as mentioned in Annexure I. The candidate may also be required to possess proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT for which vacancies he wishes to apply to be eligible as per the notifications of the Participating Banks.
|No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||40||40||Total time of 120 minutes (2hrs)|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)||40||40|