SBI Clerk – Eligibility & Exam Pattern
A candidate must be either –
- A Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum: 18 Years; Maximum: 28 Years
The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
Relaxation of Upper age limit
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe – 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- PWD-SC/ST – 15 years
- PWD-OBC-13 years
Passed 12 th Class with minimum 60% marks. (55% for SC/ST/PWD)
Graduate with min 40% marks (35% for SC/ST/PWD)
A Diploma course passed after 10th std subject from a recognized institute, with a minimum of two years study. It should be a full time course (not through correspondence) with a minimum of 60% marks.
The syllabus for the SBI Clerk Entrance Exam is based completely on the syllabus of class 10+2. It will be from different boards like State, ISE and CBSE. The candidates must be acquainted with the syllabus of class 10+1 and 10+2. Final Selection will be done on the basis of performance in the written test and interview.
The written test will be of Objective type questions of
- General Awareness
- General English
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Ability
- Marketing Aptitude/ Computer Knowledge
Negative marks for wrong answer in Objective test. 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates are also required to score a minimum percentage marks on aggregate (For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS candidates, 5% relaxation available thereon).