West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC) Recruitment 2014 – 1131 vacancies
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC) has offered applications for the post of Sub Inspector in Sub Ordinate Food & Supplies Service to fill 1131 vacancies.
Name of the organisation :
West Bengal Staff Selection Commission (WBSSC)
Name of the posts :
1. Sub Inspector in Sub Ordinate Food & Supplies Service (Grade-III) : 1131 posts
Name of the department :
Food & Supplies
Category wise vacancies :
1. Unreserved : 339 posts
2. Unreserved (Orthopedically Handicapped) : 34 posts
3. Unreserved (Ex-Serviceman) : 45 posts
4. Unreserved (Meritorious Sports Persons) : 22 posts
5. Unreserved (Exempted Category) : 181 posts
6. Scheduled Caste : 158 posts
7. Scheduled Caste (Ex – Serviceman) : 12 posts
8. Scheduled Caste (Exempted Category) : 79 posts
9. Scheduled Tribe : 46 posts
10. Scheduled Tribe (Exempted Category) : 22 posts
11. Backward Class – A : 79 posts
12. Backward Class – A (Exempted Category) : 34 posts
13. Backward Class – B : 57 posts
14. Backward Class – B (Exempted Category) : 23 posts
Total number of vacancies :
Scale of pay :
Pay Band – 2 (Rs. 5,400/- – 25,200/-) Initial Pay in the Pay Band – Rs. 6,240/- Grade Pay- Rs. 2,600/-
Educational qualification :
i) Candidates have Passed in Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its equivalent.
ii) Ability to read, write and speak in Bengali / Nepali.
iii) Must possess sound health, ability to undertake extensive tours in rural areas of West Bengal.
Age limit :
Candidate should be not less than 18 years and not more than 40 years on 01.01.2014.
Important dates :
Last date receipt of application : 14.03.2014 till 4.00 p.m.
Admit cards to be dispatched by : 23.05. 2014
Duplicate Admit Cards may be downloaded from website : 09.06 2014
Date of Examination : 22.06.2014 (Sunday)