UPSC Recruitment 2014 – 265 Post
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invited Combined Geologist & Geo-Scientist Examination 2014 for the recruitment of 265 Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist and Junior Hydrogeologist Posts.
Eligible candidates may apply online from 01-03-2014 to 31-03-2014 by 11:59 PM. For more details like age limit, qualification, selection process, application fee, how to apply are given below…
Name of organisation:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Total No.of Posts:
Name of the Posts:
Category I: Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines
1. Geologist: 260 Posts
(i) Geologist Group A: 100 Posts
(ii) Geophysicist Group A: 80 Posts
(iii) Chemist Group A: 80 Posts
Category II: Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources
2. Geo-Scientist: 05 Posts
(i) Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) Group A: 05 Posts
Candidates age limit should be 21-32 years as on 01-08-2014 & should be born between 02-08-1982 to 01-08-1993 for (Sr.No:1) Posts, 21-35 years as on 01-08-2014 & should be born between 02-08-1979 to 01-08-1993 for (Sr.No:2) Posts. Age relaxation will be applicable as per rules.
Candidates should possess Masters Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology etc in relevant discipline from a recognized university for Geologist Posts, M.Sc in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc (Geophysics) etc in relevant discipline form a University for Geophysicist Posts, M.Sc in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from an University for Chemist Posts, Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from university for Junior Hydro-geologist Posts.
Candidates will be selected based on their performance in written test, interview/ personality test.
Candidates should pay Rs.200/- through depositing money in any branch of SBI by cash or Net Banking of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ Mysore/ Patiala/ Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. SC/ ST/ PH/ Female candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Instructions for Applying Online:
1. Log on through website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/
2. Candidates are required to complete 2 stages Part-I & Part-II for online application.
3. Pay the Online or offline payment & keep the slip for the future reference.
4. Read all the Instruction carefully & fill all the relevant details carefully.
5. Candidates should have a scanned signature & photograph in .jpg format.
6. Please check your mail frequently & ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to INBOX not to SPAM or any other folder.
7. After filling the application submit & and take the print out of application for the future use.
Date of Advertisement: 01-03-2014
Last Date for Applying Online: 31-03-2014 by 11:59 PM.
Date of Written Test: 25-05-2014