Mythology Questions and Answers – Part1
This is the Part 1 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Mythology” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
1. What is myth?
A story, presented as historical, dealing with the cosmological and supernatural traditions of a people, their gods,culture, heroes, religious beliefs etc.
2. What is mythology?
The scientific collection and study of myths; study of the beliefs of mankind.
3. Who was Achilles?
Hero of Trojan war, who died when Paris wounded his vulnerable heel.
4. Who was chained to rock as prey for monster, rescued by Perseus?
5. Who was the personal physician of Buddha?
6. What was the former name of Bhishma?
7. What were called the female warriers of Asia?
8. In Roman Mythology who is an Oread?
A mountain Nymph
9. Which is the first avatar of Lord Vishnu?
Matsya Avatar (Fish)
10. What was the ancient name of Music?