WordPress Interview Questions & Answers – Part1
1) What is WordPress?
Word press is a best Open Source CMS (Content Management System) which allows it to be used free of cost and don’t need to spend money. You can use it on any kind of personal or commercial website without have to pay a single penny for it. It is built on PHP/MySQL (Both are Open Source) and licensed under GPL. Here PHP is a Programming Language and Mysql is Database Management System. WordPress can be used to built websites and Blogs. WordPress was released in 2003. The main reason for its popularity is the administrator panel is very user friendly, easy to use and manageable for the layman user.
WordPress now is that it is extremely easy to use, even for a beginner. Once the site is setup (that is where we come in) you will be able to update the content of your web site yourself, without having to know any programming at all! If you are able to create a document in Microsoft Word then you will be bale to update your web site, it is that easy.
WordPress also allows your site to be expanded with incredible features thanks to the many plugins available. We will determine at the start of the project what you will need and everything will be setup and customized for you. The world aproximately 22% websites used wordpress.Its now most popular blogging tool on internet network.
2. Who and when developed wordpress?
The Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little is founder of wordpress.Its first release in 27 May 2003.The first version released is 0.7.
3. How safe is website on WordPress?
The word press is safe to operate but still it is suggested to keep updating with the latest version of WordPress to avoid hacking. A WordPress Website is completely secure from any unauthorized access. However the error may occur due to downloading the Plug-in and Tools from an unauthorized resource.
4. Are there any limitations to a WordPress web site?
You can use WordPress for e-commerce sites, membership sites, photo galleries and any other type of site you can think of. The web site is created using the same html code as any other site so there are no limitations there either.
5. Do you need to have a blog in order to use WordPress for site?
WordPress was originally used as blogging software though it has since become popular for website also. It is not necessary to have a blog to use wordpress. Still having blog is commendable as it will help in search engine optimization.
6. From SEO point of view is wordpress helpful? Will it show the website on Google?
It is one of the benefit of using wordpress, it has inbuilt SEO search engine. Also, you can have an additional plug-in in wordpress to help with SEO and rank on a popular search engine like Google.
7. What is the current version of wordpress?
You need to quote the current version of WordPress available in market along with the release date. WordPress team continuously updating core. So see current version on below url https://wordpress.org/
8. How many tables default WordPress have? Can you name those default WordPress table?
The default version of WordPress is incorporated with 11 tables. They are-
9. What are the features of wordpress.
- Simplicity, make wordpress very easy to use for everyone.
- Free open source.
- Easy to install.
- There are lots of free as well as paid theme to use.
- Extends with plugins, we can extends the functionality of wordpress using thousands of free plugins or will create any plugin according to your requirements.
- Multilingual, wordpress is available on more than 70 languages.
- Multisite, create a child website along with the parent site with the same URL and admin panel.
- Flexibility, with wordpress you will create any type of blog or website.
- Comment, the built in comment system also make wordpress popular as you can comment your views on website.
- Full standards compliance, XML-RPC interface, easy importing, cross-blog communication tools.
- Posts are listed entries that are maintained in chronological order timely, but Pages are static and that are are not bounded with time.
- Posts are for everyone means social, but in contrast Pages are NOT social. You can categorize Post accordingly, but Pages are maintained in hierarchical order.
- Posts are displayed in RSS feed, but not Pages.
- Pages are featured with custom template, but Posts are not.
- Typographical niceties
- No rebuilding
- WordPress Links
- WordPress Themes
- Cross-blog communication tools
- XML-RPC interface
- Password Protected Posts
- Intelligent text formatting
- Full user registration
- Spam protection
- Easy Importing
- WordPress Pages
- Easy installation and upgrades
- Full standards compliance
- Multiple authors
10. What is the default prefix of wordpress tables.
By default prefix of wordpress is wp_ . But for security reasons it is highly recommend to use different prefix.