WordPress Interview Questions & Answers – Part10
91. At what instance you get locked out of your WordPress admin and see your website as a blank screen?
This would likely happen when you have pasted a code from a website with wrong formats, also when you have pasted a code in a wrong location. It may also happen when your IP is banned
92. Why you use a static front page in wordpress?
Some WordPress users wants their WordPress installation to be more than a blog site. To give their page a look more like a real website page some users use static front page.
93. What are the plugins you can use to create contact form in WordPress?
To create a contact form in WordPress you can use plugin like Gravity forms or also you can use a free plugin contact form 7.
94. Why widget does not show up in the sidebar?
While using widget you have to ensure whether your theme supports the widget and if it does then it must show the sidebar. If in any case if it happens that you don’t see the sidebar then it might be missing the “function.php” file or file similar to that. This can also happen if you have forgot to save the changes in the widget or refreshing the older display of the page.
95. How is creating a site on wordpress.org different from wordpress.com?
Most of the things are similar in both except the choices of themes and the usage of plugins.
96. Why wordpress.com is considered more secure than wordpress.org?
WordPress.com is considered more secure than wordpress.org because they limit the themes and also does not allow installing plugin’s. However the security is more dependable on how the hosting company is hosting your website(wordpress.org) & also what are the steps they are taking to prevent the security problems.
97. Does de-activated plugins slow down a WordPress site?
No, de-activated plugins cannot slow down the WordPress site. WordPress only loads the active plugins and ignores everything else.
98. In what case we cannot recommend WordPress to our client?
We cannot recommend WordPress on following situation:
• If client is working on non-CMS base project
• If site wants complex or innovative e-commerce
• In case of enterprise intranet solution
• Sites requiring custom scripting solutions.
99. What are the essential features you look for a theme?
Theme selection differs according to the requirement, but an ideal theme would be something that would not restrict to use the number of pages, plugins or static homepage.
100. How Custom theme is different than Normal theme?
Custom theme allows for SEO search, but with a SEO plugin available it would not make much difference to normal theme. One benefit using the Custom theme is that it allows to make the changes without going much into the coding part.