Selecting Words Verbal Ability Questions – Part 14
Note: Pick out the most effective word(s) from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
131. I listened, but I had no idea what he was …… about.
132. Health is too important to be ……
133. In hot weather I like lying in the …… of a tree.
134. Now, the management graduate can expect to have a prosperous life on a …… income without having to depend on finding a place in family busiess having to tend the paternal estates.
135. The boy fell …… bicycle.
136. Leave a two inch …… on each page for the teacher’s remarks.
137. The team was well trained and strong, but somehow their …… was low.
138. The machine is difficult to build …… easy to maintain.
139. If you work beyond your capacity, you will naturally feel ……
140. If you persists in telling lies to me I shall sue you …… slander.