Selecting Words Verbal Ability Questions – Part 15
Note: Pick out the most effective word(s) from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
141. The lovers were meeting each other secretly, but their …… affair was soon known to everyone.
142. The king …… the rebel.
D. none of these
143. The French …… reputed to have a very good sense of humour.
D. will be
144. It was indeed unreasonable …… him to leave this job and start business.
145. He …… in wearing the old fashioned coat in spite of his wife’s disapproval.
146. She …… a brief appearance at the end of party.
A. put on
B. put in
C. put across
D. put up
B. put in
147. West Bengal …… plentiful rainfall and is consequently a very green part of the country.
148. this brand of TV is quite inferior …… that one.
149. When I was a child, I ……to school everyday instead going by cycle.
A. had walked
C. have walked
D. have been walking
150. Farida sings very well and …… does salim.