Selecting Words Verbal Ability Questions – Part 17
Note: Pick out the most effective word(s) from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
161. His father-in-law …… him up in business.
162. …… works of reference are valuable as Encyclopedia, Brittanica.
A. A few
C. The few
163. It is not what you say that …… but what you do
164. ‘Please’ and ‘Thank you’ are the little courtesies by which we keep the …… of life oiled and running smoothly.
165. He became enamored …… her grace when he first saw her dance.
166. Rama was so badly injured that he needed …… care in the hospital.
167. In a large cities people are cut …… from nature.
168. A sanguine outlook is associated with the ……
170. The more your action and thought are allied and …… the happier you grow.