Selecting Words Verbal Ability Questions – Part 4
Note: Pick out the most effective word(s) from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
31. The English schemed to continue their rule in India by playing off one community …… the other.
32. The passengers were afraid, but the captain …… them that there was no danger.
33. Piyush behaves strangely at times and, therefore, nobody gets …… with him.
34. Rohan and Rohit are twin brothers, but they do not look ……
35. The new education policy provides a useful …… for the planners to remove illiteracy.
36. People who …… on horses usually lose in the end.
37. About twenty clerks were made …… when the banks introduced computers.
38. Affix a revenue stamp and put your signature …… it.
39. My first lesson …… forgiveness came from my mother.
40. Life is to death as pleasure is to ……