Human Anatomy & Physiology Questions – Part 11
This is the Part 11 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Human Anatomy & Physiology” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
101. Which are water-soluble vitamins?
Vitamin-B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin-B2 (Riboflavine), Nicotinamide, Vitamin-B6 (Pyridoxine), Pantothenic acid, Biotin, Folic acid (Pteroyglutanic acid), Vitamin-B12&VitaminC
102. Sunlight is the source of which vitamin?
103. What is necesscity of mineral salts?
They are necessary in the diet for all body porcesses. Only a samll amount is needed.
104.How calcium is used in the human body?
It is the chief constituen of teeth and bones. It is absorbed in the small intestine in the form of Vitamin-D. It plays an important part in the coagulation o fblood and in contraction of muscles.
105. What is the use of phosphate?
phosphate combines with calcium in the formation of bone and teeth and it helps to maintain the normal composition of body fluids.
106. What is the important role of sodium?
Sodium is present mainly in tissue fluids and therefore play an important role in cell activity and in the fluid balance of the body.
107. Why potassium is essential?
Potassium is essential component of all cells. It is also necessary for all the activity of cardiac, skeletal and smooth muscles.
108. What is the importance of iron in the body?
Iron is the necessary for the formation of cytochromes that is involved in tissue oxidation. It is very essential for the formation of Haemoglobin.
109. What is the importance of iodine?
110. Which are the diseases caused by vitamin deficiency?
They are beri-beri, scurvy, rickets and night blindness.