Human Anatomy & Physiology Questions – Part 3
This is the Part 2 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Human Anatomy & Physiology” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
21. In how many directions can the knee joint bend?
In can only bend forwards and backwards
22. How many muscles does the average adult use when going for a walk?
23. Which intestine is longer: The small intestine or the large intestine?
The small intestine
24. Rupture of the blood vessels and bleeding occurs due to the lack of which vitamin?
25. How heavy is the human head?
The Head weight around 4 kg.
26. Which vitamin helps the blood to clot?
27. What is the difference between a local anaesthetic and a general anaesthetic?
A local anaesthetic numbs a part of the body, but a general anaesthtic makes a patient unconscious.
28. In which year was the syringe first used to inject drugs directly into the blood?
1853, devised by Charles Piavaz in France.
29. How many bones are there in the human body?
There are 206 bones in the human body. The longest bone is the thigh bone femur and the smallest is the stirrup bone stapdius, one of the auditory ossicles in the middle ear.
30. What is the heart?
The heart is the muscular organ which collects and pumps blood around the body.