Human Anatomy & Physiology Questions – Part 8
This is the Part 8 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Human Anatomy & Physiology” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
71. Which harmone helps the conversion of sugar from the food to glucose?
72. How many sweat glands are there in the body?
There are approximately 2 million sweat glands. The sweat is composed of 99% water with a little sodium chloride.
73. What is the main function of the small intestine?
The main function of the intestine is the absorption of the carbohydrate, fat and protein from food which has first been broken down in to molecules by the action of enzymes.
74. What is the difference between an antiseptic and an antibiotic?
The antiseptic stops the growth of germs and antibiotic destroys the germs completely.
75.Which is the first antibiotic?
The first antibiotic medicine is the Penicillin invented by Alexander Flemming.
76. what is myopia?
Myopia is an eye defect in which the object closer to the eye can be seen properly but the objects distant can be seen properly.
77. what is astigmatism?
In astigmatism one cannot seen with clarit, the horizontal and verticle lines simultaneously.
78. Which nerve carries impulses from the eye to the brain?
The optic nerve
79. Of what the choroid wall of the eye is made?
It is made of blood vessels and pigmented cells.
80. What are main fuctions of bones?
In addition to giving shape and firmness to the body, it protects vital organs such as the brain, the spinall cord, the heart, and the lungs.