Vertebrates & Invertebrates GK Questions – Part 2
This is the Part 2 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Zoology Vertebrates & Invertebrates” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
6. Who gave the idea of fresh water origin of vertebrates?
The American geologist Chamberlin in 1900
7. Which vertebrate is the most primitive and lowest?
They belong to the group Agnatha without jaws.
8. Which are the first jawed extinct vertebrate?
Aconthodians, the shark like fishes.
9. which are jaw-bearing aquatic vertebrates?
Fishes. They are characterised by gills for respiration and paired fins for swimming
10. Which group of vertebrate has single circulation of blood?