Botany GK Questions
This is the Part 1 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Botany” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
1.Where did plants originate?
plants originated in the ocean.
2. How many kinds of plants are there?
More than 350,000 species
3. Which scientist proved that plants also have got life?
Jagdesh Chandra Bose.
4. What is basic classification unit of the plants?
The basic classification unit of plants as of animals is the species.
5. Which is the oldest known plant?
The oldest known plants are traces of algae that lived more than 3 billion years ago.
6. What are the simplest plants?
The thallophytes are the simplest plants. Bacteria, Algae and Fungi belong to this group.
7. Who discovered bactereia?
Anton Von Leeuwenhock in 1676
8. What is Bacteria?
They are microscopic unicellular prokaryotic organisms distributed in various habits. Most of them lack chlorophyll and hence lead a heterotrophic mode of life.
9. Which are the four types of bacteria?
Coccus, Bacillus, Vibrio and Spiral
10. What is the hair like structure of the Bacteria is called?