World Geography Gk Questions and Answers – Part3
This is the Part 3 general knowledge questions and answers section on “World Geography” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
21. What is the Isthmus?
A narrow neck of land that connects two larger landmasses.
22. What is the time taken by sunlight to reach the Earth?
23. What is the Earth’s Rotation?
The Earth spins on its own axis from west to east once in 24 hours and is called Rotation.
24.What is the Earth’s Revolution?
The Earth while rotating on its axis, also revolves around the Sun, along an almost circular (elliptical) path called orbit or revolution.
25. What causes seasons?
The Earth’s Revolution causes seasons.
26. The Rotation of the Earth is not felt at
27. What is the weight of a matter at the centre of the Earth?
28. The surfaces of the Earth where most of the fresh water is accumulated:
Snows and glaciers.
29.What is Equator?
It is an imaginary line passin round the earth midway between the North and South Poles. It divides the earth into two equal halves. i.e. Northern &Southern hemi-spheres.
30. What is Meridian?
The imaginary lines drawn on the map which join the two poles and cut the equator at right angles.