World Geography Gk Questions and Answers – Part5
This is the Part 5 general knowledge questions and answers section on “World Geography Questions and Answers” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
41. What is continental shelf?
It is a region at the edge of a continent extending from the shore line to the first steeping of the continental slope.
42. What is Continental rise?
It is the gently sloping region that lies on the seaward side of the continental slope and extends down to the Abyssal plain.
43. What is continental divide?
It is the high region of a continent which separate streams flowing to opposite sides of the continent and ultimately, in some cases, into separate oceans.
44. Who published the Theory of continental Drift?
German meterologist Alfred Wegener in 1915.
45. What divides Asia from North America?
46. Which is the longest river in Asia?
The Yangtze (4345 km) in China
47. Which is the second largest country in terms of population?
48. World’s most destructive earthquake occurred in which country?
Japan in 1923.
49. Which country is the third largest producer of electric energy?
50. Where is the world’s largest Sea port?