Zoology Questions and Answers – Part6
This is the Part 6 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Zoology” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
51. Which animal is brown in summer and white in winter?
52. The skin of an animal is called the ‘hudson seal’ by furriers. Which is the animal?
53. Which animal defends itself by squirting an noxious liquid called mercaptan?
54. Why do animals have hair?
They help to retain the internally producing heat. It is made up of a sulphur-based protein called keratin.
55. How far can a kangaroo jump?
It can cover a distance of 7to9metres just in one jump. It can travel 40 miles per hour for short distance.
56. Which is the animal that has a tongue longer longer than its body?
Chameleon is the animal, whose tongue is longer than its body. Its body is only 45cm long but the tongue is upto 2meter and coiled inside the mouth. To catch insects, it uses its long tongue.
57. which animal has the biggest brain?
Sperm Whale. It can weight more than 9 kg. Its head contains nearly 2300 litres of pure oil.
58. Which are the cats that have no tail?
The manx and the Siamese.
59. Which is the only cat that cannot retract its claws?
60. Which is the world’s largest living reptile?
The Estuarine or salt water crocodile.