Solar System Questions and Answers – Part 2
This is the Part 2 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Solar System” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
11. What is Edwin Hubble’s Theory?
The farther away a galaxy is the faster it is receding from the earth.
12. What sort of star is Sun?
Sun is a shining spherical heavenly body around which our Earth and other planets rotate. It belongs to a family of about 100,000 million stars in our galaxy.
13. What is the diameter of the Sun?
14. The average distance from the Earth to the Sun?
a) 147097000 k.m. when the Sun is nearest to the Earth
b) 152099000 k.m. when the Sun is at the longest distance from the Earth.
15. What is the weight of the Sun?
33 lakhs times more than that of the Earth
16. The gravitational force of the Sun:
28 times more than that of the Earth.
17. Time taken by the Sun for one rotation on its axis:
25.4 days (at the Equator) 33 days (near the Poles).
18. What is the diameter of the Sun’s orbit?
60000 light years
19. The outermost layer of the Sun?
Corona. Corona changes its shape according to the speed of motion of the Sun.
20. The innermost layer in the Sun?