Solar System Questions and Answers – Part 3
This is the Part 3 general knowledge questions and answers section on “Solar System” with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Solved examples with detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
21. The region in between the corona and photoshere:
22. Why is the chromosphere called so?
Because of the reddish colour
23. The main components of the Photosphere:
Hydrogen (71%), helium (26.5%), and other elements (2.5%)
24. What is the name given interior part of the Sun?
25. How does the Sun derive its energy?
By nuclear fusion reactions.
26. What is photoshere?
It is the region of the Sun where energy formation takes place
27.What is Chromosphere?
The layer around the Photosphere is called Chromosphere.
28. What are Sun Spots?
The black dots appearing on the Sun
29. When was the largest Sun spot detected?What as its size?
The largest sun spot was detected on 8th April 1974. It covered an area of 7000 million sq.miles
30. What is the temperature at the core of the sun, where thermo-nuclear reaction takes place?
Around 15 millions K