Current Affairs 2015-2016 for Competitive Exams – Part 12
This is the Part 12 Current Affairs questions and answers section with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
221. Which is the longest river in the world?
222. Who is the new Head of CIC?
Answer: Vijay Sharma
223. Who is the author of the book- “Kashmir: The Vajpayee Years”?
Answer: A S Dulat
224. What is the total coverage amount for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)?
Answer: 2 lakh
225. Minimum age for joining Atal Pension Yojana is 18 years and what is the maximum age?
Answer: 40 years
226. Which is the largest life insurer in India?
Answer: Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
227. World Tourism Day is observed on_________
Answer: 27 September
228. In SLR, ‘R’ stands for_______
229. Gautam Budha Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Gaya District of_________
230. New Service Tax Rate of 14% is comes to effect from_______
Answer: June 1
231. Kamakhya Temple is a famous pilgrimage which was located at_______
232. Headquarters of Asian Development bank is located at______
233. Bradley James Haddin is related to which of the following sports?
234. Headquarters of New Development Bank is located at___________
Answer: Shanghai, China
235. 29th July is observed as______
Answer: World Tiger Day
236. YK Sabharwal who died recently in New Delhi at the age of 73 is the______
Answer: Former Chief Justice of India
237. What is the currency of Estonia?
238. Who is the present Health Minister of India?
Answer: J P Nadda
239. Dispur is the capital of_______
240. Which is the longest dam in India?
Answer: Hira Kund