Current Affairs 2015-2016 for Competitive Exams – Part5
This is the Part 5 Current Affairs questions and answers section with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
81. Name the Government launched Augmented Reality Application.
82. Government recently launched Augmented Reality Application named Sakaar. For which purpose it was launched?
Answer- to highlight the achievements of the Department of Space.
83. Which express train was recently rechristened as Yoga Express?
Answer – Haridwar Mail
84. Which Indian mobile handset maker recently announced to set up its first mobile phone manufacturing facility in Hyderabad?
Answer – Karbonn
85. ISRO recently announced that their GAGAN system will provide navigational support to Indian Railways. Expand GAGAN.
Answer – GPS-aided geo-augmented navigation
86. Union Government recently revised the target under National Solar Mission to _______.
Answer – 1 Lakh MW
87. Name the first 100% blind officer in Indian Foreign Services.
Answer – Beno Zephine
88. Government recently revised the National Solar Mission target to 1 Lakh MW. It is expected to be achieve by ____.
Answer – 2022
89. Beno Zephine became first 100% blind officer in ________.
Answer – Indian Foreign Services
90. Who was recently appointed as the Director of National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB)?
Answer – Archana Ramasundaram
91. Name the Indian architect passed away recently who was Dubbed “India’s Greatest Architect” by the Royal Institute of British Architects.
Answer – Charles Correa
92. As per Housing For All by 2022 Scheme, Government will provide interest subsidy of ____ on housing loans provided to EWS/LIG categories.
Answer – 6.5%
93. What amount will be granted per house by the Government under the slum rehabilitation programme of Housing for All by 2022?
Answer – One Lakh Rupees
94. Who was recently given additional charge as Director General of Bureau of Indian Standards?
Answer – G Gurucharan
95. Name the newly appointed executive director of Amnesty International India.
Answer – Aakar Patel
96. How many phases does Housing for All by 2022 have?
Answer – 3 Phases
97. Who was conferred with 10th Navlekhan Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith?
Answer – Babusha Kohli, Upasana
98. Name the Government launched weather alert service.
Answer – NOWCAST
99. With which country did India recently sign a MoU on establishing a collaborative program in official statistics?
Answer – Tanzania
100. As per IAMAI’s Social Media in India 2014 report, How many social media users as on April, 2015 are there in India?
Answer – 143 Million