Current Affairs 2015-2016 for Competitive Exams – Part6
This is the Part 6 Current Affairs questions and answers section with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
101. As per IAMAI’s recent data, Usage of social media in rural India has grown by ______.
Answer – 100 %
102. As per IAMAI’s Social Media in India 2014 report which social media site is the 2nd most popular in India?
Answer – Google +
103. As per IAMAI’s Social Media in India 2014 report, which Social Media website is the most popular in India?
Answer – Facebook
104. Who recently was selected for Fukuoka Prize in the Academic category?
Answer – Ramachandra Guha
105. Ramachandra Guha was selected for the prestigious Fukuoka Prize in the Academic category. The Fukuoka Prize is given by which country?
Answer – Japan
106. The Union Government launched the country’s first modernised anganwadi centre in which state?
Answer – Haryana
107. The Union Government launched the country’s first modernised anganwadi centre at _________.
Answer – Hasanpur village, Sonepat, Haryana
108. The newly renamed Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Prani Udyan was previously known as __________.
Answer – Lucknow Zoo
109. Who was appointed as Kerala’s Ayurveda brand ambassador?
Answer – Steffi Graf
110. Which state government recently banned sale of thermocol plates?
Answer – Jharkhand
111. China recently opened Nathu La as 2nd route for Kailash pilgrims. Nathu La pass connects China’s Tibet Autonomous Region and which India state?
Answer – Sikkim
112. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited recently delivered ________________ of Chandrayan-2 to ISRO.
Answer – Orbiter Craft Module Structure
113. Hindustan Aeronautics Limited delivered ‘Orbiter Craft Module Structure’ of which spacecraft of ISRO?
Answer – Chandrayan-2
114. What is the outlay of Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)?
Answer – 50000 crore rupees
115. Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) was launched to develop infrastructure of how many Cities and Towns of India?
Answer – 500
116. What is the population criteria for Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)?
Answer – Population of One Lakh and Above
117. What is the outlay of Smart Cities Mission?
Answer – 48000 Crore Rupees
118. In the Smart Cities Mission, How many smart cities will be developed?
Answer – 100
119. How many IIMs was approved by the Union Cabinet recently?
Answer – 6
120. Who was recently conferred with Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar en el grado de cruz Caballero?
Answer – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar