Current Affairs 2015-2016 for Competitive Exams – Part7
This is the Part 7 Current Affairs questions and answers section with explanation for various interview, competitive examination and entrance test. Detailed answer description, explanation are given and it would be easy to understand.
121. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar was conferred with Orden de la Democracia Simon Bolivar en el grado de cruz Caballero. It is the highest civilian award of which country?
Answer – Columbia
122. Praful Bidwai recently passed away. He was noted for his works in the field of __________.
Answer – Journalism
123. 1st One-Stop Crisis Centre under Nirbhaya Fund will be launched in which state?
Answer – Chhattisgarh
124. India’s first air-conditioned DEMU train was launched in _______.
Answer – Kochi
125. Kerala Government’s highest honour for music, Swathi Puraskar was recently conferred to _________.
Answer – Ustad Amjad Ali Khan
126. Who was selected for Sangita Kalanidhi Award of the Music Academy?
Answer – S Subrahmanyan
127. Sanjay Deshmukh appointed Vice-Chancellor of which university?
Answer – Mumbai University
128. Bongaigaon Power Plant is located in which state?
Answer – Assam
129. Which state topped the list of States commissioning grid connected Solar Power projects?
Answer – Rajasthan
130. Which state declared June 22 as Snake Bird Day?
131. Kerala declared ______ as Snake Bird Day.
Answer – June 22
132. Which state declared Blue Mormon as state butterfly?
Answer – Maharashtra
133. What was India’s rank in Global Peace Index (GPI) 2015?
Answer – 143
134. Name the former head of Missionaries of Charity who recently passed away.
Answer – Sister Nirmala Joshi
135. Hemis festival is celebrated in which Indian state?
Answer – Jammu & Kashmir (Ladakh)
136. Who was conferred with The 28th Moortidevi Award for 2014?
Answer – Vishwanath Tripathi
137. Vishwanath Tripathi was conferred with The 28th Moortidevi Award for 2014 for _________.
Answer – Vyomkesh Darvesh
138. The Government approved a proposal for setting up a second international airport in NCR at ________.
Answer – Jewar
139. With which country did India sign MoU on cancer research, control, prevention and management?
Answer – United States of America
140. With the launch of the first phase of Chennai Metro Rail Service, Chennai became the ____ city to have Metro Railways.
Answer – 6th