APPSC Group 4 Exam Eligibility Details
Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission’s (APPSC) Group-4 Exam eligibility details are as follows.
1. Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
2. Age Limit:
|S.No||Name of the Post||Age Limit (in years)|
|1||Junior Accountants in Treasures and Accounts subordinate service||18 to 36|
|2||Junior Assistants in Registration and Stamps Department||18 to 36|
|3||Junior Assistants from CCLA||18 to 36|
|4||Junior Assistants from Prisons and Correctional Department||18 to 36|
|5||Junior Assistants in Social Welfare Dept.||18 to 36|
|6||Junior Assistants in Fire Dept.||18 to 36|
Note: No person shall be eligible if less than 18 years and is more than 36 of years.
The Candidates Upper Age Limit Relaxations Given Below:
|S.No||Category of Candidates||Relaxation of Age (in years)|
|1||Retrenched temporary employees in the State Census Department with a minimum service of 6 months.||3|
|2||A.P. State Government Employees (Employees of APSEB, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc. are not eligible).||5 Yrs based on the length of regular service|
|3||Ex-Service men||3 yrs & length of service rendered in the armed forces|
|4||N.C.C.(who have worked as Instructor in N.C.C.)||3 Yrs & length of service rendered in the N.C.C|
|5||SC/ST and BCs||5|
3. Educational Qualification: Applicants must possess the qualifications from a recognized University as detailed below or equivalent thereto.
|Name of the Post||Educational Qualifications|
|1||Junior Accountants in Treasures
and Accounts subordinate
|Intermediate Examination conducted by the Board of
Intermediate Examination or any other equivalent
Pass in any one of the following Certificate course
Examination conducted by the Board of Technical
Education and Training, A.P. Hyderabad
(a) Office Automation
(b) PC Maintenance and Trouble Shooting
(c) Web designing
Must hold a degree in Bachelor of Computer
Application (BCA) or B.Sc., (Comp.) or B.Com (Comp.)
or B.A.(Comp.) or B.Tech/B.E. with Computer Science
or Information Technology equivalent examination of
above, recognized by any university in India
established or incorporated by or under Central Act,
Provincial Act or a State Act or an Institution
recognized by the UGC.
|2||Junior Assistants in Registration
and Stamps Department
|Must have passed the Intermediate examination
conducted by the A.P. State Board of Intermediate
examination or its equivalent.
|3||Junior Assistants from CCLA|
|4||Junior Assistants from Prisons
and Correctional Department
|5||Junior Assistants in Social
|6||Junior Assistants in Fire Dept.,|
The Candidates who have obtained Degrees through Open Universities / Distance Education mode are required to have recognition by the Distance Education Council, IGNOU. Unless such Degrees had been recognised by the D.E.C. they will not be accepted for purpose of Educational Qualification. The onus in case of doubt, of Proof of recognition by the D.E.C. that their Degrees / Universities have been recognised, rests with the Candidate.
Exam Pattern Details:
APPSC Group-4 Exam Conducts in Two Stages:
1. Written Examination (Objective Type)
2. Document Verification
1. Written Examination: The written examination conducted by APPSC is of objective type mode which includes Paper I & II.
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Duration||Max Marks|
|I||General Studies||150||150 Minutes||150|
|II||Secretarial Abilities||150||150 Minutes||150|
1. The Written Examination will be held at the District Head Quarters/ Centres.
2. The candidates have to write the examination in the District only for which he/she has applied.
3. Candidates can apply a district post either Local or Non Local basis and shall take examination in that district only.
2. Document Verification: Candidates have to produce attested Photo copies of required certificates and Original documents and other particulars at the time of verification.
Selection procedure: The selection process consists of written examination & document verification.
1. Written Examination: The written examination conducted by APPSC is of objective type mode which includes Paper I, II. Paper I consists of General Studies, Paper II consists of Secretarial Abilities. Each Paper carries 150 marks for 150 questions and its time duration is 2: 30 hours. The appearance in all the papers at the Written Examination is compulsory. Minimum qualifying marks are relaxable as per discretion of the Commission/District selection committee.
2. Document Verification: Candidates have to produce attested Photo copies of required certificates and Original documents and other particulars for verification as and when required and called for. If the particulars furnished in the application do not tally with the Original documents produced by the candidate, the candidature will be rejected. The work of verifying the certificates and preparation of merit list as per the communal Roster is interested to the respective District Collectors
The appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the appropriate medical classification, and if he/she is of sound health, active habits free from any bodily defect or infirmity.
Syllabus of the Written Examination:
Paper I – General Studies:
9) Current Affairs
10) Disaster Management
i. Concepts in disaster management and vulnerability profile of India / State of A.P.
ii. Earth quakes / Cyclones / Tsunami / Floods / Drought – causes and effects.
iii. Man made disasters – Prevention strategies.
iv. Mitigation strategies / Mitigation measures.
Paper II – Secretarial Abilities:
1) Mental Ability (Verbal and non-verbal)
2) Logical Reasoning
4) Re-arrangement of sentences with a view to improve analysis of a passage
5) Numerical and Arithmetical abilities.