BSF HC (RO), ASI (RM) Eligibility Criteria
Border Security Force (BSF) recruit personnel in Head Constable (Radio Operator) and Assistant Sub Inspector (Radio Mechanic). Candidates to gain eligibility to apply for HC (RO), ASI (RM) posts must satisfy the following eligibility criteria…
1. Nationality: Candidates must be a Indian citizen.
2. Age Limit: For HC (RO) posts, candidates’ age limit should between 18 to 23 years and ASI (RM) posts, not below 18 years or over 25 years.
3. Age Relaxation:
|Category||Relaxation (in years)|
|Domiciled in J & K||5|
|Victims of 1984 riots||5|
4. Educational Qualification:
For Head Constable (Radio Operator): Matric with Diploma in Radio and TV Technology or Electronics or Telecommunication or Computer or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Domestic Appliances from any Institution recognized by the State Government or Central Government or 10+2 or Intermediate or equivalent with aggregate marks of fifty percent with selective subject being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized Board or Institution.
For Assistant Sub Inspector (Radio Mechanic) posts: Matriculation or equivalent plus two years ITI certificate in Radio and TV or Electronics or Intermediate or 10 + 2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics from a recognized Board or Institution.
5. Physical Standards: Candidates’ height must be 170 cms, chest must be 80 cms (85 cms after expansion) and weight must be corresponding to height.
6. Medical Standards: Candidates’ minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of the both eyes without correction. They must also pass high-grade colour vision test. Must not have knock-knees, flat feet or squint in eyes and any defect/deformity likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
7. Medical Standard: Candidates should be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with efficient performance of the duties.
Border Security Force (BSF) recruits Head Constables (Radio Operator) and Assistant Sub Inspectors (Radio Mechanic). The selection procedure followed by Border Security Force has been detailed below…
Selection Procedure Details: Border Security Force (BSF) HO and ASI Selection Process is based on Written Test and Physical Efficiency Test, Dictation Test, Documentation, Personal Interview and Medical Examination which are conducted in two phases.
1. Written Examination: Candidates will have to appear for Written Examination which would comprise of questions which are of Objective Type.
|I||Physics||60||10+2/Inter of CBSC/State Boards of Education|
|III||Chemistry||30||Current Affairs, History, Geography and General Science|
|IV||English & GK||50|
2. Preliminary Screening: Based on the marks obtained in Written Examination, candidates will be arranged in the order and merit and those candidates will qualify for further stages of selection.
3. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidates selected after initial screening will be put to Physical Efficiency Test which would include 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes, Long Jump of 3.65 mtrs in three chances and 1.2 mtrs High Jump also in three chances. EXSM are exempted from PET.
4. Dictation Test: Candidates who qualify in the Physical Efficiency Test will be put through dictation test in English which would carry 10 marks.
5. Verification of Original Documents: After Dictation Test candidates will have to produce original documents for verification.
6. Personal Interview: After document verification, candidates will have to appear for Personal Interview carrying 25 marks.
7. Final Medical Examination: Those candidates who qualify in all the tests mentioned above will Medically Examined and candidates who are proved to be Medically Fit will be hired by the BSF.