IBPS RRB Office Assistant Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Selection Process, Syllabus and Study Materials
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting Common Written Test for Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). Candidates to gain eligibility to appear for IBPS common written test must satisfy the below given eligibility criteria to apply for Office Assistant vacancies…
1. Nationality: A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India (or)
(ii) a subject of Nepal (or)
(iii) a subject of Bhutan (or)
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India
2. Age Limit: Candidates age limit should be between 18 years and 28 years i.e. candidates should have not been born earlier than 02-07-1987 and later than 01-07-1997 (both dates inclusive) as on 01-07-2015. Age relaxation is extended as per govt rules.
3. Age Relaxation:
|Category||Relaxation (in years)|
|In the case of Ex- servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be
completed within the next one year from the last date for receipt of application) other than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of
misconduct or inefficiency or on account of physical disability attributable to military service
or on invalidment, subject to ceiling as per Government guidelines
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir
during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||(for the post of Office Assistants)
actual period of service rendered in the
defence forces + 3 years (8 years for
Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to
SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of
4. Educational Qualification: Candidates applying for the Office Assistant vacancies must have completed Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent and Proficiency in local language.
5. Language Proficiency – The candidates applying for the posts of Officer Scale I and Office Assistants –(Multipurpose) in any particular RRB or RRBs are required to possess proficiency in the local language of the State/ UT in which the RRB is situated to be eligible for interview, as per the notification of the concerned RRB (The condition does not apply for the posts of Officer Scale II and III).
IBPS RRB Office Assistant Exam Pattern: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts Online Common Written Examination (CWE) for recruitment in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs). The CWE pattern for Office Assistant (Multipurpose) positions is mentioned below….
IBPS RRB CWE Pattern Details: CWE comprises of 5 tests with 200 questions and 200 marks. The marks alotted for each test and related details have been given below…
Common Written Examination:
Office Assistant (Multipurpose):
|Sr No.||Name of Test (Objective)||Medium of Exam||No.of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||Reasoning||Hindi/English||40||50||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|4 a||English Language||English||40||40|
|4 b||Hindi Language||Hindi||40||40|
1. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks from the marks allotted for that particular question
2. Cutoff marks will be decided on the basis of Average
3. COMMON WRITTEN TEST Score will be available on IBPS Website.
4. Score card will be valid for one year from the date of issuing it.
5. COMMON WRITTEN TEST would be conducted at many centres as given in the notification.
6. Pre examination training will be provided for limited number of candidates for which online application has to be made.
Common Interview: Candidates who will qualify Online examination will subsequently called for a Common Interview conducted by the Nodal Regional Rural Bank in each State/ UT, coordinated by IBPS. The total marks allotted for Interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks/ scores in interview and within it for local language proficiency will not be less than 40% (35% for SC/ ST candidates). The minimum qualifying marks in interview for Officer Scale II & III will also be not less than 40% for all the candidates except 35% for SC/ ST candidates. The relative weightage (ratio) of written test and interview will be 70:30 respectively. Candidates should qualify both in the written test and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to be shortlisted for subsequent provisional allotment process.