Indian Army NCC Eligibility Details
Indian Army recruits vacancies through NCC Special Entry Scheme 39th Course-Apr 2016 Short Service Commission (NT) for Men & Women. The eligibility details are as follows…
1. Nationality: The candidate must be a Indian citizen.
2. Age Limit: The age limit should between 19 to 25 years. (Born not earlier than 02-01-1991 and not later than 01-01-1997)
3. Education Qualification: Candidates must possess Graduate Degree from recognized University or any equivalent qualification with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years and minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
4. Physical Standard:
(a) Height and Weight: The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. With co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalies, Assamies and Garhwalis, the height will relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
(b) Visual Standards: The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 for men and 5.50 for women including astigmatism and candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected and also candidates aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army if they fulfill following criteria.
(i) Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for. Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
(ii) A healthy retina.
(iii) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of: ± 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
(iv) Axial length within permissible limits.
5. Physical Fitness Standards at OTA: Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officers Training Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there, candidates are advised to achieve following standard before joining the OTA, if finally selected:-
(a) Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
(b) Push Ups-13 Nos.
(c) Sit Ups-25 Nos.
(d) Chin Ups 6 Nos.
(e) Rope Climbing 3-4 Meters.
Indian Army recruits vacancies through NCC Special Entry Scheme 39th Course-Apr 2016 Short Service Commission (NT) for Men & Women. The selection process followed by Indian Army NCC has been detailed as follows…
Selection Procedure Details: Selection Process is based on Physical Standards, Visual Standards and Physical Fitness Standards at OTA followed by Group Tests, Psychological Tests, Interview and Medical Examination.
1. Short listing of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
2. Candidates after short listing will be detailed for SSB interview by Additional Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Addl. Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ, in the matter of Short listing and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
3. On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-I of the two stage testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-I will be Sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for duration of 5 days.
4. Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates.
5. Candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates recommended by Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a medical board of male/female doctors/Specialists/Gynecologist. However, there will be a Lady Medical Officer as member the Medical Board for female candidates.
6. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.