Indian Navy Staff Slection Commission Officer Eligibility
Indian Navy hires personnel for the post of Short Service Commissioned Officer Positions under University Entry Scheme (UES). The eligibility criteria are as follows…
1. Nationality: Candidates must be a Indian citizen.
2. Age Limit: Candidates’ age must be between 19 to 24 years for Final Year and between 18years 6 month and 26years 6 month for Pre Final Year candidates.
3. Educational Qualification: Candidates must be studying 3rd year of Engineering for pre final year and 4th year of Engineering for final year in recognized University with one of the relevant discipline and must have acquired 60% marks in aggregate.
4. Medical Standards:
|Branch/Cadre||Height (in cms)||Eye Sight||Correctable with Glasses|
|General Service (Executive)||157||–||6/12, 6/12||6/6 both eyes|
|Pilot Entry||162.5||–||6/6, 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|Observer Entry||162.5||–||6/6, 6/9||6/6 both eyes|
|Technical Branch||157||152||6/24, 6/24||6/6 both eyes|
|Info. Tech. Branch||157||–||6/60, 6/60||6/6 both eyes|
|Logistics (Works)||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
|Tech (NA)||157||152||6/60, 6/60||6/6, 6/12|
Selection Procedure Details: Indian Navy SSC Officers’ Selection Process is based on SSB Interview conducted by Naval Campus Selection Team. Final selection will be decided by IHQ-MoD (Navy) at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore between Dec 12 to Apr 13 for Final Year Engineering students and Apr 13 to Jul 13 for Pre-Final Engineering students. The selection process will be conducted in two stages…
1. Step I: Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Test, Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PPDT) which will be conducted of the first day.
2. Step II: Those candidates who qualify in Stage I will have to appear for Tests in Stage II. Stage II comprises of Psychological Testing, Group Task, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
3. Final Selections: Those candidates who qualify in Step II will be selected finally on the basis of Special Medical Examination. Candidates who have qualified in both stages and who are proven to be Medically Fit, will be eligible for Training.
Note: Those qualifying candidates applying for Pilot Entry must appear for Pilot Aptitude Battery Test followed by Aviation Medical, in addition and those applying for Observer Entry must appear for Aviation Medical, in addition