Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) Technicians Eligibility Details
Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) recruits for the posts of Technician Vacancies. The eligibility details to apply for the Technicians vacancy are as follows…
1. Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Age Limit: Minimum age limit would be 18 years and maximum age limit would be 30 years.
Relaxation of Age Limit
1. For SC/ST candidates – 5 years
2. For OBC candidates – 3 years
3. For Ex-Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in Defense, plus 3 years, provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
4. 5 years for candidates who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
5. 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PWD) UR (13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC/ST)
6. Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but not remarried shall be 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
7. No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying against unreserved vacancies
8. The date of birth for candidates should between the dates given below: (Both dates inclusive)
|S.No||Age Group||Upper Date of Birth||Lower Date of Birth|
|1.||18 to 30||02.07-1982||02.07.1979||02.07.1977||01.07.1994|
3. Educational Qualification:
1. Pass in 1st year B.Sc.(Physics) or Pass in 10+2 stage in Higher Secondary in Science i.e. Physics or Mathematics for Technician Signal Group-II.
2. Matriculation plus course completed Act Apprenticeship/ ITI approved by NCVT/SCVT in Electrician/Electrical Fitter/Wireman/Electronics/Information Technology/TV & Radio/Instrumentation/Computer/Computer Networking/Data Networking or 10+2 with Physics and Maths.
Selection Procedure: Selection Procedure followed by RRB is explained below in various form of stages 1. Written Test
2. Document Verification
3. Medical Fitness Test
1. Written Test:
→ The questions for the written examinations will be generally in conformity with the
educational standards and/or technical qualifications.
→ The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include
a. General Awareness
c. General Intelligence
e. Technical Ability
→ The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages. Duration of the examination will be 90 minutes with approximately 100 questions.
→There shall be negative marking in written examination and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
→ Based on the performance of candidates in the written examination, candidates equal to the number of vacancies are called for document verification.
2. Document Verification:
During document verification, candidates will have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited.
3. Medical Examination:
Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties and Visual Acuity Standard (6/9, 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses) is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff.