Sashastra Seema Bal Constable (Tradesmen) Eligibility
Sashastra Seema Bal recruits personnel in Constable cadre for the post of Tradesmen in different trades. To apply for Constable (Tradesmen) vacancies Candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria …
1. Nationality: Candidates must be a Indian citizen.
2. Age Limit: Candidates’ age must be between 18 – 23 years. Age relaxations will be for following criteria.
3. Age Relaxation:
|Category||Relaxation (in years)|
|EXSM||Period of service in Defence plus 3 years|
|Domiciled in J & K||5|
|Victims of 1984 riots||5|
4. Educational Qualification: Matriculation or equivalent qualification with two years experience (or) One year certificate course from a recognized Industrial Training Institute (or) Vocational Institute with at least one year experience in the Trade (or) Two years Diploma from recognized Industrial Training Institute in the trade or similar trade.
5. Physical Measurement:
|For all except the categories mentioned below||167.5 Cms||78cms (Un-expanded)||83 cms (Expanded)||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standard|
|RELAXATION:-Candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and candidates belonging to the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K||165 Cm||78 Cms||83 Cms|
|Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5 Cms||76 Cms||81 Cms|
Selection Procedure details: Sashastra Seema Bal Constable (Tradesmen) Selection Process is based on Document Verification, Physical Standard Test (PST), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Written Test and Practical/Trade Test followed by Medical Examination.
1. Documentation: Candidates must produce the relevant documents and certificates whose list has been provided in the notification at the time when SSB asks for the same.
2. Physical Standard Test (PST): The candidates whose documents have been verified and those who are proven to be eligible will have to appear for Physical Standard Test which will assess if the Physical Measurement of the candidate is as per requirement as per the measurement given in the notification.
3. Physical Efficiency Test (PET): In the PET candidates will have to appear for Test which will test their caliber of those candidates who qualify in PST.
Note: Ex Servicemen are exempted for Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test.
4. Written Examination: Candidates who qualify in PST and PET will have to appear for Written Examination. The Written Examination will comprise of 100 multiple choice questions of 100 marks with 2 hours duration. Topics covered would be general awareness, general knowledge, elementary mathematics, analytical aptitude and basic knowledge of the candidate in English/Hindi. Qualifying marks would be 35% for General and EXSM and 33% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
5. Technical/Practical/Trade Test: After Written Examination candidates will have to qualify in Trade Test which carries 75 marks. To qualify Trade Test candidates must secure 50% marks and tools must be brought by the candidates themselves.
6. Medical Examination: Candidates must go through Medical Examination as the last stage of Selection Procedure. Those candidates who qualify all the stages of Selection Procedure will be put in order of Merit list and from that list the final selections will be made.