TSPSC AE Eligibility Details
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Assistant Engineer, Municipal Assistant Engineer & Technical Officer eligibility details are as follows.
Age limit: The age limit is 18 to 44 years as on 01-07-2015.
Age Relaxation: :
|Sl No||Category of Candidates||Relaxation of Age Permissible|
|1||Retrenched temporary employees
in the State Census Department
with a minimum service of 6 months
|2||Telangana State Government Employees
(Employees of TSRTC, Corporations,
Municipalities etc. are not eligible).
|5 years based on the length of
|3||Ex-Service men||3 years & length of service
rendered in the armed forces.
|4||N.C.C. (who have worked as
Instructor in N.C.C.)
|3 years & length of service
rendered in the N.C.C.
|5||SC/ST and BCs||5 years|
|6||Physically Handicapped persons||10 years|
1. As per G.O. Ms. No. 329 GA(Ser.A) Dept., Dt. 27-07-2015 the upper age limit raised up to 10 years i.e., from 34 years to 44 years.
2. No person shall be eligible if he/she is less than 18 years of age & No person shall be eligible if he/she has crossed 58 years of age (Superannuation age).
Assistant Engineer: Candidates should possess Bachelor Degree in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering of a University in India established or incorporated by or under Central Act, Provincial Act, or a State Act or an institution recognized by the University Grants Commission & LCE issued by the State Board of Technical Education and Training or any other qualification equivalent thereto which are recognized by the SBTET.
Municipal Assistant Engineer & Technical Officer: Candidates should possess a Degree in Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical) or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Central U.G.C.
Exam Pattern: Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) conducts Written Exam for Assistant Engineer, Municipal Assistant Engineer & Technical Officer posts. The examination will be in two Papers i.e. the online examination will be held as Paper I & Paper II. Total marks of Paper-I is 150 in a duration of 150 minutes for objective type questions & total marks of Paper-II is 150 in a duration of 150 minutes for objective type questions.
Scheme of Examination:
1. The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted are as follows:
|Scheme of Examination||No.of Questions||Duration
|Part: A: Written Examination (Objective Type)
Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities
|Paper-II: Civil Engineering (Diploma Level) or Mechanical Engineering (Diploma Level)||150||150||150|
Selection Process: The selection process will be made by Examination (Objective Type) by Online/ OMR based.
1. Examination (Objective Type) by Online/ OMR based: Written test will be done for 300 marks. Paper-I carries 150 marks & Paper-II carries 150 marks.
1. The final selection process will be based on the Examination either Online or OMR based.
2. Only those candidates who qualify in the Examination in order of merit will be called for interview in 1:2 ratio, Community and Category wise for the vacancies available. The minimum qualifying marks for Interview/ Selection are OCs 40%, BCs 35% SCs, STs and PHs 30% or as per the Rules. The minimum qualifying marks are relaxable in the case of SC/ ST/ BC/ PH at the discretion of the Commission.
2. The candidates will be selected and allotted to Service/ Department as per their rank in the merit list and as per Zonal Preference for allotment of candidates against vacancies and for the vacancies available.
3. Mere securing minimum qualifying marks does not vest any right in a candidate for being considered for selection.
4. The appearance in all the papers at the Written Examination as per rules is compulsory. Absence in any of the papers will automatically render his candidature as disqualified.
5. The preference opted by candidates in respect of posts, zones etc., in the application form are only indicative for being considered to the extent possible but not binding or limiting the Commission’s powers conferred under Article 315 and 320 of the Constitution of India. Therefore, the Commission has the power to assign a successful candidate to any of the notified posts for which he/she is qualified and eligible, subject to fulfilling the selection criterion. Mere claim of preference for any Zone for allotment against vacancy does not confer a right to selection for that Zone in particular or any Zone in General.
6. The appointment of selected candidates (other than Physically Challenged) will be subject to their being found medically fit in the appropriate Medical Examination, and if he/ she is of sound health, active habits free from any bodily defect or infirmity.
Syllabus of the Written examination:
Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National and International.
2. International Relations and Events.
3. General Science; India’s achievements in Science and Technology.
4. Environmental issues and Disaster Management.
5. Economy of India and Telangana.
6. Geography of India with a focus on Telangana.
7. Indian Constitution and Polity with a focus on local self Government.
8. Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
9. Policies of Telangana State.
10. History of Modern India with a focus on Indian National Movement.
11. History of Telangana with special emphasis on Movement for Telangana Statehood.
12. Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation
13. Basic English (8th Class Standard).
Paper-II: Civil Engineering (Diploma Level)
2. Construction Materials & Practice
3. Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
5. Quantity Surveying
6. Design of Structures (RCC and Steel)
7. Irrigation Engineering
8. Environmental Engineering
9. Transportation Engineering
Paper-II: Mechanical Engineering (Diploma Level)
1. Thermal Engineering
2. Manufacturing Technology
3. Engineering Mechanics & Strength of Materials
4. Machine Design
5. Engineering Materials
6. Hydraulics and Hydraulics Machinery
7. Industrial Engineering and Management