TSPSC AEE Eligibility Details
Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) Assistant Executive Engineer, Municipal Assistant Executive Engineer eligibility details are as follows.
Age limit: The age limit is 18 to 44 years as on 01-07-2015.
|Sl No||Category of Candidates||Relaxation of Age Ppermissible|
|1||Retrenched temporary employees
in the State Census Department
with a minimum service of 6 months
|2||Telangana State Government Employees
(Employees of TSRTC, Corporations,
Municipalities etc. are not eligible).
|5 years based on the length of
|3||Ex-Service men||3 years & length of service
rendered in the armed forces.
|4||N.C.C. (who have worked as
Instructor in N.C.C.)
|3 years & length of service
rendered in the N.C.C.
|5||SC/ST and BCs||5 years|
|6||Physically Handicapped persons||10 years|
1. As per G.O. Ms. No. 329 GA(Ser.A) Dept., Dt. 27-07-2015 the upper age limit raised up to 10 years i.e., from 34 years to 44 years.
2. No person shall be eligible if he/she is less than 18 years of age & No person shall be eligible if he/she has crossed 58 years of age (Superannuation age).
Assistant Executive Engineer: Candidates should possess Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering of a University in India established or incorporated by or under Central Act, Provincial Act, or a State Act or an institution recognized by the University Grants Commission or a pass in Section ‘A’ and ‘B’ of AMIE Examination/ or an Institution recognized by the UGC/ AICTE conducted by Institute of Engineers in Civil.
Municipal Assistant Executive Engineer: Candidates should possess a Degree in Engineering (Civil) or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Central U.G.C.
Exam Pattern: Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) conducts Written Exam for Assistant Executive Engineer, Municipal Assistant Executive Engineer posts. The examination will be in two Papers i.e. the online examination will be held as Paper I & Paper II. Total marks of Paper-I is 150 in a duration of 150 minutes for objective type questions & total marks of Paper-II is 300 in a duration of 150 minutes for objective type questions.
Interview: Candidates who qualify Online test will be called for interview of 50 marks.
Scheme of Examination:
1. The structure of the Examinations which will be conducted are as follows:
|Scheme of Examination||No.of Questions||Duration
|Part: A: Written Examination (Objective Type)
Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities
|Paper-II: Civil Engineering (Degree Level)||150||150||300|
|Part: B: Interview||50|
Selection Process: The selection process will be carried out in Two Successive Stages i.e.,
1. Examination (Objective Type) by Online/ OMR based: Written test will be done for 450 marks. Paper-I carries 150 marks & Paper-II carries 300 marks.
2. Oral Test in the shape of Interview (only for those qualified as per Rules): Interview carries 50 marks.
1. The final selection of these posts will be based on the Examination either Online or OMR based and Interview marks put together.
2. Only those candidates who qualify in the Examination in order of merit will be called for interview in 1:2 ratio, Community and Category wise for the vacancies available. The minimum qualifying marks for Interview/ Selection are OCs 40%, BCs 35% SCs, STs and PHs 30% or as per the Rules. The minimum qualifying marks are relaxable in the case of SC/ ST/ BC/ PH at the discretion of the Commission.
2. The candidates will be selected and allotted to Service/ Department as per their rank in the merit list and as per Zonal Preference for allotment of candidates against vacancies and for the vacancies available.
3. Mere securing minimum qualifying marks does not vest any right in a candidate for being considered for selection.
4. The appearance in all the papers at the Written Examination as per rules is compulsory. Absence in any of the papers will automatically render his candidature as disqualified.
5. The preference opted by candidates in respect of posts, zones etc., in the application form are only indicative for being considered to the extent possible but not binding or limiting the Commission’s powers conferred under Article 315 and 320 of the Constitution of India. Therefore, the Commission has the power to assign a successful candidate to any of the notified posts for which he/she is qualified and eligible, subject to fulfilling the selection criterion. Mere claim of preference for any Zone for allotment against vacancy does not confer a right to selection for that Zone in particular or any Zone in General.
6. The appointment of selected candidates (other than Physically Challenged) will be subject to their being found medically fit in the appropriate Medical Examination, and if he/ she is of sound health, active habits free from any bodily defect or infirmity.
Syllabus of the Written examination:
Paper-I: General Studies and General Abilities
1. Current affairs – Regional, National and International.
2. International Affairs.
3. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
4. Environmental issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
5. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
6. Physical, Social and Economic Geography of India.
7. Physical, Social and Economic Geography and Demography of Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Modern India with special emphasis on Indian National Movement.
9. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
10. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
11. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc. and
12. Society, Culture, Heritage, Literature of Telangana.
13. Policies of Telangana State.
14. Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
15. Basic English. (10th class Standard)
Paper-II: Civil Engineering (Degree Level)
1. Building Materials And Construction
2. Strength of Materials And Theory of Structures
3. RCC and Steel Structures
4. Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics
5. Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering
6. Environmental Engineering
7. Transportation Engineering
8. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering
9. Estimation, Costing and Construction Management