TSSPDCL AE Eligibility Details
Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited (TSSPDCL) recruits Assistant Engineer vacancies. The candidates who are applying must have the specified age and necessary educational qualification. The eligibility details are as follows.
Age limit: Candidates age should be between 18 to 44 years. Age relaxation is applicable 5 years for SC/ ST/ BC, 10 years for Physically Handicapped persons as per rules.
Note: As per SP.O.O. (CGM-HRD) Ms.No.701, dt.19-09-2015, the Upper age limit is raised up to 10 years i.e., from 34 to 44 years.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering of a Recognised University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, Provincial Act, or a State Act (or) an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission/ AICTE (or) any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto (or) a Pass in Section- “A & B” of A.M.I.E examination conducted by Institute of Engineers in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Note: All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University as specified in the relevant Service Rules of TSSPDCL as on the date of Notification.
Exam Pattern: Southern Power Distribution Company of Telangana Limited (TSSPDCL) conducts Written Exam for Assistant Engineer posts. The written test comprising of 100 marks consisting of 100 Multiple choice questions and each question is carrying 1 Mark.
- Written test will be carried out in 2 Sections (Section-A, Section-B).
- The Section-A consisting of 80 questions on core subject of respective discipline.
- Section-B consisting of 20 questions on General awareness and Numerical ability.
- The duration of Written Examination will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
Selection Process: The selection process will be made 100% on written examination. The written test comprising of 100 marks consisting of 100 Multiple choice questions and each question is carrying 1 Mark. Written test will be carried out in 2 Sections (Section-A, Section-B). The Section-A consisting of 80 questions on core technical subject of respective discipline & Section-B consisting of 20 questions on General awareness and Numerical Ability, etc. The duration of Written Examination will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
1. Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination by being ranked high, community wise will be called for verification of Original Certificates.
2. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test are OC – 40%, BC – 35%, SC/ ST – 30%, PH – 30%.
3. The selection list will be drawn into two parts. The first part will comprise 30% of the posts for OPEN consisting of common merit list which shall be filled first and the remaining second part will comprise the balance 70% of the posts consisting of Company level only and the posts will be filled following the existing rules given in the C.O.O.Jt.Secy (IR) Ms.No.611, dt.05-02-2009, SP.O.O. (CGMHRD) Ms. No.730, dt.26-09-2015 and other rule of reservation issued from time to time. The candidates will be selected and allotted to various places in TSSPDCL jurisdiction. Candidates eligible to claim preference to 70% of vacancies in TSSPDCL Jurisdiction details are:
|TSSPDCL||Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Medak, Nalgonda &
Syllabus of the Written Examination:
Part-A Syllabus for Assistant Engineer (Electrical): Part-A contains 80 Questions.
1. Electrical Circuits and Networks
2. Control Systems
3. Measurements and Instrumentation
4. Electrical Machines
5. Power Systems
6. Analog and Digital Electronics
7. Power Electronics & Drives
9. Switchgear protection
10. Electricity Act’ 2003 and Indian Electricity Rules
11. Non-Conventional Energy
Part-B Syllabus for Assistant Engineer (Electrical): Part-B contains 20 Questions
|S.No||Particulars of the Section||Weightage|
|1.||Numerical Ability (Indices, Ratios, Proportions, Profit & Loss,
Menstruation, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics)
|2.||Language Proficiency (Vocabulary, Sentence corrections,
|5.||Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of
Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood
Movement and formation of Telangana state.