UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Services Eligibility Criteria
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission’s (UPPSC) Combined Lower Subordinate Services Exam Eligibility details are as follows.
Age Limit: Candidates age limit must be 21 to 40 years, they must have not been born earlier than 2nd July 1975 and not later than July 1, 1994.
(i). Upper age limit shall be greater by five years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of UP., Scheduled Tribes of U.P Other Backward Classes and Dependants of Freedom Fighters of U.P. and skilled player of U.P. i.e they must have not been born earlier than 2nd July 1968.
(ii). Similarly for PH candidates of UP . Upper age limit is 55 years i.e they must have not been born before 02 July 1958.
(iii). Upper age limit for Emergency Commissioned Officers/ Short Service Commissioned Officers/ Ex-Army Personnels of U.P shall be greater by three years more for Samooh Ga in addition to their completed service period.
Note: For the posts of Executive Officer (Local Bodies) Gr 2, 3 and 4, the person who have completed their services one year or more in centralised or Palika service, the maximum age limit is relaxable up to a period of their continuous service or 7 years which ever is less.
Educational Qualification: Candidates must possess Bachelor’s Degree of any recognized university or equivalent qualification. Post wise educational qualification details are given below….
|Name of the Post||Educational Qualification|
|1. Legal Assistant
2. Asst Estate Superintendent
(Housing & Urban Planning)
|Graduate in Law|
|3. Child Development Project Officer||Graduate in Social work or Sociology or Home Sc.|
|4. Auditor (Local Fund Accounts)||Graduate in Commerce and working knowledge
of Hindi in Devnagari Script.
|5. Jr Auditor (National Savings Directorate)||Graduate in Commerce with Audit & Accountancy.|
|6. Asst Controller (Legal Measurement),
|Degree in Science as with one subject asPhysics or with Mechanical Engineering|
|7. Investigator cum Computer (Cooperative
|Graduate in Maths/Statistic|
|8. Computer/ Junior Statistical Inspector/
Field Investigator (Agri.Sta & Crop.Ins)
|Graduate in Maths/Statistics/Statistical Maths|
|9. Jr Research Assistant Gr II/
Hort Inspector Gr II/ Hort Inspector
|B.Sc (Agri) or B.Sc ((Biology) Group preferential
M.Sc (Ag), or M.Sc (Botany) or M.Sc (Ag)
with Entomology Viknitivigyan.
|10. Sr. Sugar cane Development Inspector/
Sugar cane Development Inspector
|1. Graduate in Agriculture
2. Such candidates who possess Post Graduate
Degree in Agriculture finding similarities in other
things, in the matter of direct recruitment of Group
’1′ and Group ’2′ post they will be given preference.
|11. Investigator cum Computer (Family Welfare)||Post Graduate in Maths or Statistics|
|12. Cooperative Inspector Gr I
Asst Development Officer (Cooperative)
|1. Graduate in Art (Economics) or Commerce
or B.Sc (Agri)
2. Such candidates will be given preference who
possess M.Sc (Agri), M.Sc, M.Com or MA
(Economics) which includes cooperative and
related subjects, who have degree in Commerce
and Economics with optional subject of
Cooperative and have Post Graduate diploma in
Cooperative from B.N. Mehta Inst of Cooperaive
|13. Auditor (Local Bodies)
14. Asst Auditor (Local Bodies)
|Degree in Commerce or Intermediate in
Charted Accountancy or Degree in Arts or
Science or Agriculture.
|15. Fisheries Inspector||A Bachelor Degree in Fisheries Science or a
Bachelors degree with Zoology, Botany and
Chemistry subjects from a university established
by law in India or a degree recognised by the
Government as equivalent thereto.
Certificate of Inland Fisheries Training Course
from the Central Inland Fisheries Research
Institute Barraxkpve or Diploma from Central
Institute of Fisheries Education, Bombay.
|16. Auditor (Firms Society & Chits)||(1). Bachelor’s Degree in commerce from a
university established by law in India or a
qualification recognized by the government as
equivalent thereto or post graduate diploma in
Accountancy from a university or institute
recognized by the government.(2) ‘O’ Level certificate in Computer operation from
an institute recognized by the government.
Physical Measurement: Physical Measurement will apply according to service rules/ requisition in case of availability of posts as Excise Inspector, Deputy Jailor etc.
Selection Process: The candidates would be selected based on their performance in the Combined Competitive Examination. The combined competitive examination will comprises of three successive stages
(i). Preliminary Examination (Objective Type),
(ii). Main Examination (Objective & Conventional) and
(i). Preliminary Examination: The preliminary examination will consists of the one paper (General Studies) of which answer sheet shall be on OMR sheets. The prescribed time for paper is two hours and maximum marks for paper is 300 and number of questions will be 150.
(ii). Main (Written) Examination: The main examination will consists of two compulsory papers. First paper will consists of General Studies (Objective) and maximum marks 200, the time duration is 2 hours and no of question is 120. Second question paper (Conventional) will consists of General Hindi & Hindi essay, total marks 200 and time duraion is 3 hours. This question paper will contain two parts first part General Hindi for 100 mraks and second part Hindi Essay for 100 marks.
(iii). Interview: Only such candidates will be called for interview who are declared successful on the basis of main (written) examination. Candidate will have to fill up the prescribed application forms before the interview (viva voce test). Preferences for different posts will be take from the candidates at the time of interview which will be treated final and not change there in will be worthy of being admitted.
Syllabus for General Studies (Pre-Examination):
1. History of India and Indian National Movement: In History of India emphasis should be on board understanding of social economics and politic. aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
2. Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World: Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
3. Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political System, Panchayat Raj & Public Policy, rights -issues etc: Indian Polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, Political system including Panchayat Raj and Community Development.
4. Indian Economy and Social Development: The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisation, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
5. Current Events of National and International Importance: This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
6. Indian Agriculture: The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
7. General Science: Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and special study of any science discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
8. Elementary Mathematics up to Class 10th level: Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Syllabus for General Studies (Main Examination):
1. Current Affairs of National and International Importance-This will also include questions on sports and games.
2. Logical and Critical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
3. General Mental Ability – Questions as would test candidates result-oriented aptitude.
4. Statistical Analysis- Graphs and Diagrams, as would test the candidates ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagramatical from.
5. General Awareness and Knowledge of Indian Constitution and Panchayat Raj System
6. Computer Knowledge-Introduction to computers, Hardware & Software, Computer Network, Internet & Email.
7. U.P Specific questions: On Education, Culture, Agriculture, Population, Trade & Commerce, SocialCustoms, industries etc.
8. U.P specific questions-On Education, Culture, AGriculture,Population, Trade & Commerce,Social Customes, Industries etc.
9. Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision making and Problem-solving.
10. General Human behaviours-Discipline, Morality, Leadership, Women-empowerment.
11. General Science– Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology int he development of india.