WordPress is best when it is installed in self hosted environment rather than free sub domain based (yourblog.wordpress.com). We recommend you to choose a domain name of your like and host it in best blog hosting provider like Godaddy.com
STEPS TO CREATE YOUR WORDPRESS BLOG IN INDIAN LOCAL LANGUAGES:
1. Install WordPress and use any theme (whether own or free theme ) you like to use
2. Login to your WordPress Admin area (http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin)
3. Go to plugin section, click on “Add New”, in the pluging option give “Indic IME” alternatively
Unzip the file on your local hard disk.
Upload all files to BLOGROOT/wp-content/plugins directory.
Activate via WordPress Plugins tab.
Go to Settings(/Options) Menu > Indic IME for setting your preference
4. Activate the plugin. (This will enable new option to choose language “Top Right side of your browser”). Choose Tamil
5. When you write a new post go to HTML section of post editor and type like tamil words in sequence of English alphabets “vanakkam” ????? each letters will automatically get converted to Tamil fonts. Alternatively you can also copy tamil sentences from wordpad/notepad/software to your editor.
There are quite a few plug-ins available in wordpress to enable blogging in your native language. Indic Ime plug-in works well for Indian Local Languages. It helps the viewers to submit their comments also in tamil. One plug-in takes care of many work.
NOTE: Indic Ime has bug with latest wordpress editions i.e Other standard buttons in editors are not visible when ever Indic Ime is enabled. You have to rely on your HTML editing options.