Snippet is defined as a small piece of something, in a programming term is a small region of re-usable source code, machine code or text. It is good to have them at your finger tips, specially when you have to write be writing code all day long to make your web pages in HTML or any other computer or web language!
1. Type your code in code view that you want to make a snippet out of it.
2. Select the snippet of the code you want and then right click it.
3. In the right click drop down menu click on Create New Snippet.
4. Here you type your snippet name and description. and click ok.
5. Go ahead and check it in the snippet window. Now you have your own snippet and you can use it any time.
1. Click Snippet on top window menu or use Shift + F9.
2. Now Snippet window will open. Probably its located in right side.
3. Here you can see the snippet name and description.
4. If you want to use just double click the snippet name. that code will be added in your dreamweaver code view.
Thank You, Have a nice day!